Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Taking a detour

Today, instead of posting something by a revolutionary poet, I thought I would try something a little different. I thought I would post something I wrote. Since, not a lot of people read my blog, this is the perfect time for me to put down something of my own. This way I won't get too scared by all the criticism. Maybe I can make this a bit of a tradition. Once a week I could put out something of my own. Please don't run, gentle reader, I promise I will put out good poetry for the rest of the week!

Were I a sparrow on the breeze
With just my own and mine to please
I would not tarry nor would I wait
For life's long journey to mark my fate
I would embark on summer's eve
To make my fortune among the leaves

Were I a leaf upon a tree
With no ears to hear nor eyes to see
I would be blown from north to south
Upon a fancy and turned about
I'd have no choices of my own to make
I would exist for life's own sake

But I am not so fortune free
To live my life upon a tree
Nor wing about without a care
You will not find my temper there
But this my happiness I'll own
That I am I and I alone

No comments:

Post a Comment