Thursday, October 14, 2010

♪One day more! Another day, another destiny♫

Well, I've been lazy again, gentle reader. I haven't researched any poet or poem again, so you are stuck with more of my ramblings. Every now and again I try a little free verse. I'm really not as comfortable with it, since, to me, it seems so unstructured. I like things in my life to be orderly, but, so often, they aren't.

I'm worried a lot about my grandfather. He has a bad heart and has had several surgeries, heart attacks, and hospitalizations. Now he says he does not want another surgery that could extend his life because he is ready to go. Well, I am not ready for him to go, but I realize that God takes people according to His timing and not mine.

I haven't been able to write any poetry lately, but I would like to share a poem I wrote about my aunt. I didn't really stop to think about her death much when she went, but some time after, I wrote this while thinking about her. It isn't great--it isn't even good, but it helps me to cope to think I will never fully lose her.

In the recesses of my mind
     I hear you
Softly and sweetly echoing there
"I am here! I am here!" over and over
But when I look, you are nowhere near

I have lost you now foerever
     I miss you
And I know I always will
You are there! You are there! I can find you
Indelibly etched in my memory

1 comment:

  1. The first stanza in particular here is lovely...

    My grandfather has made the same decision as well.

    ReplyDelete